Some Helpful Tips on How to Avoid Kitchen Fires in Your Home
More home fires occur in the kitchen than any other place in the home.
SERVPRO of Morgan, Cass, Macoupin, and Montgomery Counties would like to help you avoid a kitchen fire by following these simple tips.
- Keep anything that can catch fire away from your stove, oven or any other appliance in the kitchen that generates heat.
- Keep an eye on your food regularly while cooking and remain in the kitchen while cooking.
- Use a timer to remind you that the stove or oven is on.
- Install a smoke alarm near your kitchen and test it once a month.
- Loose clothing or dangling sleeves while cooking can catch on fire. Avoid wearing this kind of clothing and accessories while you are in the kitchen.
- Purchase a fire extinguisher to keep in your kitchen.
- Keep the kids out of the kitchen while you are cooking.
- Clean cooking surfaces after every use to prevent grease buildup.
- Check the kitchen before going to bed or leaving the home to make sure stoves, ovens, etc. are turned off.
Follow these simple rules to avoid a kitchen fire in your Frankfort home. If a fire does occur, call SERVPRO of Morgan, Cass, Macoupin, and Montgomery Counties ASAP to remove smoke and soot damage and safely restore your damaged kitchen.